Slips and Trips


At Savas and Savage Solicitors Ltd we are experienced at handling all types of tripping and slipping claims. Our Solicitors have a wealth of knowledge and are happy to discuss any potential new claim with you. We can assess each case on its merits and give you advice as to whether or not there is a potential claim and if where is the the best course of action to pursue the claim.


These kinds of accidents often result in serious soft tissue injuries or fractures. Savas and Savage Solicitors Ltd offers assistance with rehabilitation services and can assist in obtaining relevant treatment in your recovery from your injuries.


There are many different types of tripping and slipping claims and it is important to have a Solicitor who is experienced in dealing with these claims and who can advise you on all the relevant Case Law and Statutory Provisions whilst obtaining fair compensation on your behalf.


The most common types of accidents are:


Highway claims


The Highway Authority, which are usually part of your local council, have a duty to put in place an appropriate system to inspect and maintain the roads and pavements and to repair dangerous defects. If they have failed to so this and you have tripped on a defect on the pavement or in the road and suffered from injury then you may be able to pursue a claim for compensation against the Local Authority.


Supermarket Accidents


Every supermarket has a duty of care to visitors to their premises, if you have an accident in their shop or on their land then depending on the circumstances you may be able to make a claim for compensation. Common instances of claims are:


    • Slipping on food/liquid spilt on the shop floor.
    • Tripping over items left on the shop floor.
    • Falling objects, such as signs hung incorrectly or items falling off displays.
    • Suffering injury as a result of the actions of an employee.


Accidents at Work


You may be able to claim for compensation as a result of a trip, slip or fall at work. Please see here for more details.


Accidents in a Public Place


All Public and Private Organisations owe a duty of care to people who use their premises or services.


If you have tripped, slipped or fallen in a public place due to the negligence or carelessness of another Party then you may be able to claim compensation for any injuries you have suffered.


Public liability is a wide and complex area of law and there are a number of factors that have to be taken into account in order to advise you fully on the merits of any potential claim. Please contact our experienced Solicitors here who can provide you with expert advice.


If you wish to make a claim or for no obligation advice, click here or call us on 0800 328 3823.